Champagne flutes with forged metal effect - tutorial
Hand decorated wine glasses or champagne flutes are great gift idea for Wedding, Christmas or Birthday. You can make unique gift yourself. Follow my tutorial
What you need:
- napkin - matt white paint - matt black paint - white structure paste - decoupage glue - silver porporina or patina in paste - varnish - champagne flutes - brushes - palette knife - masking tape - scissors
1. Mark the shape on the glass using masking tape. Leave enough space for the selected pictures
2. Paint the place where you would like to glue napkin using white paint. Napkins are transparent so you need bright background.
3. Separate napkins (we using only top printed layer) and glue on desired position
4. Finish using water based varnish
5. Apply structure paste using palette knife
6. Remove masking tape and allow to dry
7. Paint over dried paste using black paint
8. Apply varnish, while still wet, apply silver porporina in some places using a dry brush with stiff bristles
TIP: you can also use patina in paste. Apply on dry surface using piece of cloth.
Done! You can use this technique to get forget metal effect on any surface.
If you like my tutorial, feel free to use it in your work, but please remember to give credit where credit is due.
All photos are Reverie-Art property and protected by copyright. Do not copy any part of this tutorial without permission.