Tutorial - jars with home made lavender bath salt
How many time you looking for gift idea for friend who have everything? What to buy? Or maybe you looking for something to treat yourself? Sooo what about one of a kind (because made by you) bath salt in lovely hand decorated jars? What you think?
First we start with bath salt. What you need:
- sea salt - dried lavender - lavender essential oil - olive oil - food colourant
1. Mix 1 spoon of olive oil with 10 drops of lavender essential oil
2. add mixture to half of your salt and mix
3. mix 1 spoon of olive oil with 10 drops of lavender essential oil and drop of blue food colour
4. mix with salt
5. Spread salt on a paper towel and leave to dry overnight (and oh... it smells so lovely in whole house)
Now it's time to make lovely jars.
What you need: - empty jars - glass primer - acrylic white paint - decoupage glue - lavender napkins - gloss or satin varnish - flat brush - white spirit and piece of cloth
1. Wash the jars. Remove residues of glue using white spirit. Cover the jars with primer and then paint several times with white paint.
2. Cut or tear out pictures from napkins
3. Glue napkin using your favourite glue. Remember to start from the centre to avoid any wrinkles and bubbles. Leave to dry.
4. Varnish few times. You can use matt, satin or gloss varnish
Now fill jars with lavender salt and dried lavender
And ready! Smells lovely and looks gorgeous. I love lavender but you can use any kind of essential oils. If, for example you love roses, you can use rose petals, rose oil and you can embellish your jars accordingly.
Please note: this tutorial is for personal use only. If you would like to make bath salt for sale, you have to met legal requirements for producing cosmetic products.
If you like my tutorial, feel free to use it in your work, but please remember to give credit where credit is due.
All photos are Reverie-Art property and protected by copyright. Do not copy any part of this tutorial without permission.