Easy reverse decoupage for beginners
Tutorial for completely novice in decoupage. This is probably the easiest and quickest method of decorate the glass plate with decoupage technique.
For this project we need rice paper (printed and plain) Rice paper is probably the easiest to use. Do not wrinkle like a napkin, no need to soak it like classic paper. And you can get interesting, semi transparent effects on the glass.
What you need:
- transparent glass plate
- your favourite decoupage glue
- plain rice paper - printed rice paper of your choice
- gloss varnish
- flat brush
- white spirit
1. First clean your plate using white spirit and piece of cloth. Make sure to remove any grease (for example leftovers after removing labels ).
Tear out selected images of the printed rice paper. Please note - we will be working with white plain rice paper, so make sure you selected images on white background.
2. Arrange motifs on a plate. At the moment you can do it on the top of the plate, but please remember- we will be working on the back side.
3. Turn over the plate and apply glue in places, where you want to glue motives.
4. Place the printed rice paper (face down!) and again apply glue. Work from the center to remove the air and avoid any air bubbles.
5. Tear plain rice paper into small pieces
6. Glue small pieces of paper to cover any empty spaces. Leave to dry. Once your plate is dry, finish your work with several layers of varnish.
TIP: if you don't like transparent look, you can paint back of the plate using white (or any very pale) acrylic paint. Then once again finish with few layers of varnish.
That's it - job done!
If you like my tutorial, feel free to use it in your work. But please give credit where credit is due.